PunkTorah, the Jewish non-profit that brought you the OneShul Community Siddur, Birkat Hamazon: A Community Bencher, Kosher Cocktail Party and The NewKosher Cookbook will be launching a new series of books this August.
And we need you to write them!
So if you’d like PunkTorah to publish your book in one of our digital or print outlets, please send it to us.
Our submission guidelines are pretty simple:
- Non-fiction submissions must be related to independent Jewish spirituality, culture or learning.
- Fiction submissions must have Jewish characters or in some way speak to the Jewish experience. Please note that fiction is not one of our top areas of interest, but we are still open minded.
- We are currently not interested in children’s “picture books” or works which require a lot of illustration (such as art books, zines, etc.)
- Submissions must be original and not have been published before or released anywhere including online or as a blog series
- Please, no literary agents. This is DIY, kids.
Before submitting your manuscript, please do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with PunkTorah, the projects we do and the types of books we have published. When proposing a book, please consider whether it is a good fit for us. I’m sure your book on the history of cheese problems is great, but we’re not the right people for it.
- Send an email to Ashton@PunkTorah.org with a short “cover letter” describing the work, an outline of the book and some info about who you are and why you think we’re the right people to put out this book
After we read your email, we will decide if we think the book is right for us and ask you to send us the manuscript. If you have any questions, please email us at Ashton@PunkTorah.org
In receiving a submission, we do not assume any duty not to publish a book based on a similar idea, concept or story. We will not consider manuscripts that are currently on submission to another publisher.
We receive a ton of emails every day. If we don’t respond immediately, please don’t email us over and over again. We promise we have it and we are reading it. We’ll get back to you in no more than three to four weeks.
Looking forward to reading your stuff!